TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chillingYIELD:6-8 servings
• 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
• 6 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1/2 cup strawberry jelly
• 1 cup whipped topping
• Sliced fresh strawberries and additional blueberries, OPTIONAL
• 1. Place one phyllo sheet in a greased 9-in. pie plate; brush with butter. Repeat seven times; trim edges. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
• 2. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (center will puff up). Cool on a wire rack.
• 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into crust.
• 4. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cover edges with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake 23-27 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled.
• 5. In a small bowl, beat jelly until smooth; spread over filling. Spread with whipped topping. Garnish with strawberries and additional blueberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor’s Note: If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 piece equals 466 calories, 31 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Taste of home