Whipped Shortbread Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
MAKES: 102 servings
• 3 cups butter, softened
• 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
• Nonpareils and/or halved candied cherries
1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
2. With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with nonpareils or cherry halves.
3. Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16-18 dozen.
Taste of home